Posted by kathryn in Miscellanea
Time for some quicklinks I think:
- Vegetable infographic: Firstly, I love the infographic above showing the variety there is in the vegetable world. It’s a thing of beauty which I can get lost in. In fact I’ve ordered a copy for our food wall at clinic
- A few blog posts ago I talked about acceptance and then I saw this piece, which made me pause. I find it remarkable and remarkably brave and more broadly, sad how rare and brave this level of honesty and acceptance is.
- Slow cooked kale: I love the look of this recipe which Jill from The Well Intentioned Cook pointed to on Twitter. Kale slow cooked with rosemary, onions and garlic would be quite wonderful.
- Omega 3s: Useful piece from Choice about Omega 3s – sources, supplements and whether they are over-hyped.
- Beetroot (of course): An amazing looking salad, containing many of my favourite foods – beetroot, raspberries, pomegranate molasses and figs. Yum, yum.
- Eating before exercise: Something I get asked a lot, should you eat before or after exercise, for more effective fat loss. Report on an interesting study. There’s some technical stuff in there, but a good summary of what to do right at the end.
- Pear and Vanilla Sorbet: I recently won an ice cream machine and have been having great fun with it. The next on my list is this recipe for pear and vanilla sorbet which I spotted the other day.
- Book report: Lovely review from Lucy on our An Honest Kitchen blog of a book called Japanese Farm Food.