Posted by kathryn in Miscellanea
- Easy salads: Jules from Stonesoup has been posting some easy salad recipes, including how to make salad with a teaspoon and this excellent warm lentil salad with beetroot and ricotta.
- Cranberry harvest: I love these photos and the explanation of a cranberry harvest. The pools of red berries are particularly beautiful. Thanks to Ganga for pointing them out.
- A radish recipe: I also like this radish idea – with a honey lime dressing. It’s from the Figs & Twigs blog and makes a quick and simple side salad. There’s a bit of butter in there, but I like the way Chelsea uses the greens, as well as the radish itself.
- Fortifying flour: There’s an interesting opinion piece on the fortification of flour with folic acid. As of September this is mandatory in Australia.
- Nori chips: I’m always looking for new ways to use seaweed, as it’s an ingredient I’m not particularly confident about using. Mark Bittman has posted an idea for making nori chips which is great.