- Spinach with tomato & tofu: Lovely recipe from A Vegetarian in the Middle East teaming tofu with tomatoes and Indian spices. There are a few ingredients, mostly spices, but it’s a simple recipe. Thanks to A Life (Time) of Cooking for pointing it out to me.
- Eating to fuel exercise: I liked this piece from the Well blog about eating pre and post exercise. It’s a basic run-down of the issues, with some good practical advice and tips.
- The beginning of the end of civilisation? Has pre-prepared food gone too far now you can buy already boiled eggs? Oliver Thring asks what’s the most ridiculous packaged food you’ve come across?
- How convenient is convenience food? Interesting piece from Grist about convenience food. Are people not cooking because of lack of time or is it a sign of growing kitchen illiteracy?
- Cauliflower with dukkah: Lovely, lovely simple idea from La Boheme Cherie – cauliflower with spiced dukkah and yoghurt. Neat way of using up a cauli at the end of the week.
- Broad bean salad: I can’t get this salad from Girl Interrupted Eating out of my head. I mean, just look at it. Tasty, zesty, creamy and it uses broad beans. I can also imagine eating this with a bit of fresh avocado.
- How cooking was transformed into a spectator sport: New piece from Michael Pollan on the rise of cooking shows and the decline of actual cooking – Out of the kitchen, onto the couch.
Photograph by Jen Maiser.