- The US$7 Dinner Challenge: Sarah’s Cucina Bella has set a challenge: making a two-course dinner for four people for US$7. That’s not a lot of money, about $10 Australian. I’m taking part – are you up to the challenge?
- A selection of salads: I’m new to Food Blogga, but particularly love her salad selection. There are side salads, meal salads, dishes suitable for winter, as well as lighter salads for the summer months. The Food Blogga salad collection can be found here.
- What is fat?: Great round-up on current thinking about fat and obesity: Think fat just hangs around and does nothing? It doesn’t.
- Using up leftovers: One of the recipe collections on the BBC’s GoodFood website centres around using leftovers. Whether it’s a roast dinner, rice, stale bread, vegetables – you can find a way to use it up here.
- Food portions: I’ve been thinking about buying Amanda Clark’s book Portion Perfection for clinic, but in the meantime I’ve found she has a blog. And there’s a summary of the calories in different drinks and how they’ve changed over the years.
- More beetroot: I’ve also just found a whole section of beetroot recipes on the NY Times website, including this glorious looking Mediterranean beetroot and yoghurt salad.
Kookaburra photograph by Iansand. Just because.