I seem to have bumper list of Quicklinks today:
- How virtuous are you?: A gentle poke at dietary snobbery that made me laugh. I am as guilty of this as anyone!
- Healthier baking: Sophie from Mostly Eating has written an excellent post with tips on making your muffins healthier. It’s solid and useful advice.
- Our diet is killing us?: Michael Pollan was recently in Australia for the Sydney Writers’ Festival. He did an interesting interview on the 7.30 Report and here’s the transcript.
- Eating well at work: One of my new favourite blogs is The Office Diet – sound, sensible and often funny advice for keeping well at work. I particularly liked this post on tricking yourself into eating and being well at work.
- Comfort food: Chew on This discusses some strategies for making comfort food a bit healthier.
- How to organise your food when busy: Another great post from Mostly Eating on how Sophie has planned her menu for a busy week.
- Rice salad: I do like the look of Wednesday Chef’s rice salad. Rice plus edamame beans, toasted almonds, herbs, fennel and capsicum. It’s an easy, flexible recipe.
- Tahini in soup?: Yet another use of tahini: pumpkin, tahini and lemon soup from Fuss Free Flavours.
- UK seasonal guide: Each month I publish a list of what’s in season here in Sydney (June’s is coming I promise). This week I spotted a guide to seasonal fruit and veg in the UK.
- Delicious dips: Mark Bittman’s blog has a fabulous looking, easy dip white beans with lemon and rosemary. I’ve been a long-time fan of the white beans and rosemary combo and can imagine eating this for breakfast, spread on wholegrain toast, with slices of tomato.