It’s Friday – so instead of quizzes, it’s time for some links:
- Salt & pepper: Startling photos from the BBC of a peppercorn and a grain of salt.
- Using seaweed: Another great recipe from Food Stories – this time it’s mushroom, nori and wakame soup.
- The easiest chickpea salad?: I love the simplicity of A Life Time of Cooking’s quick and easy chickpea salad with ginger, herbs and citrus.
- Gingery mushroom salad: Delicious autumn food from Lucy at Nourish Me shiitakes, oyster mushrooms, leeks, gently cooked with coriander, ginger and hoisin sauce.
- Poached eggs: I’m a huge fan of poached eggs. I use them on top of soups, on toast, over vegetables – anywhere I need a boost of protein. But they can be tricky, so I was intrigued to see this method of poaching – in clingwrap.
- Fish & greens: Lovely recipe from Mark Bittman of steamed fish with porcinis and silverbeet. He even uses the silverbeet stems. Although I’ve never heard of tilefish?