Menu for Hope - the last day
Posted by kathryn in Blogging
Today is the last day you can buy Menu for Hope tickets.
The total donated has already climbed over US$53k. So we’re hoping to topple last year’s total of US$60,925.12.
Menu for Hope is raising money for the school lunch programme in Lesotho. A UN initiative that feeds children, keeps them in school and provides an income to local subsistence farmers.
There are some fabulous prizes, including:
- a restaurant review dinner with Stephen Downes of the Herald Sun (AP15)
- Lunch with food guru Harold McGee (UW11).
- Learn to cook with a 6 months subscription to Chefs LIne (UC17).
- If you live in London get the Crash Test Kitchen to cook for you (UK16).
- An eating tour of Bangkok with Thai food expert and Lonely Planet writer Austin Bush (AP30).
- About a gazillion cookbooks from Serious Eats (UE18).
- Want to cook real Indian food? Then bid on the National Indian Association of Women Cookbook offered by Quick Indian Cooking (UK12).
- A copy of Barbara Kafka’s Vegetable Love – autographed by Kafka herself (UE36).
- A foodie tour of London (UK04).
- A wild honey collecting tour with the Angkor Conservation Centre in Cambodia (AP34).
- Or what about a little holiday for two on Mornington Peninsula – the place even has a pizza oven! (AP18)
Plus there’s the Limes & Lycopene prize of 6 weeks of personalised online nutrition and diet planning.
All prizes will be announced in January.