Cooking to be done
Posted by kathryn in Miscellanea
I’m busy, busy, busy the next couple of days.
Saturday night we have 25 people coming over for a Christmas Party. Yikes!
This year we’ve become a two-business family. Interesting times. But it’s something that could never happen without our supporters’ network. The family, friends and clients who’ve provided encouragement, employment, much needed good humour and excellent advice.
Saturday night is our way of saying thank you.
So I’ve got some cooking to do . . .
There will be:
- A slight tweak on Chocolate & Zucchini’s stuffed pasta shells with ricotta and tapenade
- caprese skewers
- Avocado & radish canapes
- These potato wafers, but with caramelised onion and toasted pinenuts, instead of the salmon.
- Pea and chive frittata – something like this
- A mint, parsley & rice salad served in lettuce cups – from the beautiful Claudia Roden book Arabesque
- Eggplant and tomato dip, also from Claudia
- A roasted garlic and white bean dip from the latest Donna Hay magazine
- Big platters of steamed vegetables tossed in olive oil, lemon juice and garlic
- Platters of spiced roasted vegetables
- Christmas cup cakes based on Jamie Oliver’s recipe, with thanks to Rosa Jackson.
- Chocolate & fruit platter
There will also be wine spritzers, bubbly and a lot of laughter.
I’ll be back for a quick Menu for Hope round-up on Saturday, otherwise see you Monday!