Menu for hope: want to kick-start the new year with a healthy diet?
Posted by kathryn in Blogging
Menu for Hope is here.
This an annual fundraising raffle, organised by Chez Pim, raises money for those who don’t know where they’re next meal is coming from.
For two weeks in December, food bloggers from around the world join forces to offer a variety of food related prizes. Anyone can buy a raffle ticket and each raffle ticket represents a bid for one of the prizes.
In 2007 the raffle raised US$62,925.12 for the UN’s World Food Programme (WFP). This year, all proceeds are again going to the WFP, but more specifically the school lunch programme in Lesotho in Africa.
The Limes & Lycopene prize
But sometimes it’s difficult to translate diet advice into your every day life. Sometimes it’s easier, if you have a plan.
For this year’s Menu for Hope I’m donating a 6 week online nutrition and diet plan.
It will mirror the stuff I do with clients in my practice, but this time I’m offering the service online. Through a combination of email, IM and telephone conversations, I’ll work with you over six weeks to improve your diet, wellbeing and vitality. Wherever you live.
So if you’re more tired than you should be and struggling to eat well. Or if you you’re fed up with waking up each New Year’s Day thinking how much have I eaten and drunk in the past month? This could be just what you need.
Instead of struggling through the new year feeling sluggish and ordinary, why not start 2008 with a plan to get your health, diet and waistline back in order?
The prize includes
- a detailed diet assessment and report
- an easy-to-follow, individualised nutrition plan, tailored to you and your lifestyle
- advice and guidance on how to eat to lose weight and feel wonderful
- the comfort of working with a practising nutritionist
Consultations will be through a combination of email, IM and telephone conversations – so this prize is available to everyone, no matter where you live.
- Prize code AP11
- Total value: A$295.00
- Available: world-wide
Want to buy a raffle ticket?
- Go to the donation page, which is run independently by First Giving.
- Make a donation: each raffle ticket costs US$10 and you get to select the prize you wish to bid for.
- Select your prize: In the Personal Message section of the donation form, specify which prize or prizes you’d like, using the prize-code and detailing the number of tickets per prize you’d like to purchase. For example, if you wish to bid for my prize, the code is AP11.
- For US donors, if your company has agreed to match your charity donation, please remember to tick the box and fill in the information so we may claim the corporate match.
- Please make sure you tick the box to allow your email address to be seen. This enables the organisers to contact you in the new year, if you’ve won a prize. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
- Winners will be announced on Chez Pim in mid-January 2008.