Posted by kathryn in Vegetables
- Love food hate waste: I was shocked to read that a third of the food bought in the UK is thrown out. I’m sure this is true here in Australia – what a waste. I found this stat on the Love food hate waste website – which contains lots of tips about using leftovers and cutting food waste.
- Ten Minute Kitchen recipes: I found out this week some of the Ten Minute Kitchen recipes I write for Life etc are availale on the ABC website. They have a new section called Healthy recipes – and several of mine are in there.
- Yes . . . more beetroot: Wendy from a Wee Bit of Cooking is only a recent convert to beetroot (how can this be?). But she’s still come up with a fabbo looking roasted beetroot and haloumi salad. Two of my favourite foods in one dish, means I’m going to be trying this out over the weekend.
- Good health: At Healthbolt Sara has posted a great list of the 28 things health experts forget about that really matter for your health.
- Dessert: VegeYum has posted a gorgeous looking recipe for baked apples with star anise and marmalade. As desserts go, this is a healthier choice.
- Sprouts: while they may be some people’s most hated vegetables, the Jugal Bandi blog has three recipes for Brussels sprouts. If you’re in the northern hemisphere, why not try their Roasted Brussels, Chinese-style Brussels or Brussels Sprout Kootu?