- My favourite post of the week was by Crabby McSlacker, writing on the Diet Blog. Crabby’s post on 7 ways to deal with alarming new research is an absolute gem.
- I don’t want to alarm anyone, but you know how here in Australia we struggle to get those five servings of vegies a day? Well, Japan’s dietary guidelines recommend 17 portions per day. The Guardian blog explains the discrepancy.
- Lucy has been making Parsee scrambled eggs. Being a big fan of Indian-style eggs, I suspect this is a winner and an interesting change from bog-standard scrambed eggs.
- Ceviz at Only Turkish Food has also been making soups with rice – this time a tomato and rice soup.
- One of the blogs I’ve been reading recently is A Shot in the Dark. It’s written by a mum with two children, one of whom has type 1 diabetes. It’s not a medical blog, instead A Shot in the Dark is about the every day stuff of having a child with diabetes.